Asked by: Khadijatou Ervasasked in category: General Last Updated: 22nd February, 2020
Can stevia be substituted for sugar in baking recipes?
Likewise, can you substitute stevia for sugar in baking?
Stevia-based sweeteners are 200 times sweeter than sugar. Stevia-based sweeteners are suitable for baking; however, they can't replace sugar cup for cup in recipes. It's best to leave at least 1/4 cup of sugar in the recipe to help with browning and provide texture.
Likewise, how much sweetener do I substitute for sugar in baking? Adjusting Recipes Splenda recommends using a one-to-one ratio of Splenda Granulated to sugar when the amount of sugar is 1 1/4 cups or less, or the amount of flour used in the recipe is at least two times the amount of sugar.
Also know, how much stevia do I substitute for sugar?
Twenty-four packets equal 1 cup of sugar. If you are using a bag of baking stevia, then 1/3 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons are equal to 1 cup of sugar. For pure powdered stevia, the stevia-to-sugar ratio is much lower. Only 1 teaspoon of powdered stevia equals 1 cup of sugar.
Which sugar substitute is best for baking?
- Best Overall: Splenda Naturals Stevia Sweetener.
- Best Tasting: Truvia Natural Sweetener 9.8 oz.
- Best for Baking: Truvia Baking Blend.
- Best for People with Diabetes: Sweet Like Sugar by Good Good.
- Best for Keto: HaleFresh Erythritol Sweetener Natural Sugar Substitute.
- Best Natural: Stevia in the Raw Zero Calorie Sweetener.