Asked by: Aiguo Ulpianoasked in category: General Last Updated: 22nd June, 2020
Can you get married in Washington DC?
Herein, how do you get legally married in DC?
You may apply for a marriage license in two ways:
- Visit the Marriage Bureau (Room JM-690; Moultrie Courthouse) and complete a paper application: Marriage License Application.
- Submit the application online (and visit the Courthouse to show proof of ID, make payment, and pick up license).
Furthermore, do you need witnesses to get married in DC? No, witnesses are not required in Washington, DC. All that is needed for the marriage to be legal is the signature of the authorized, registered wedding officiant whose name is printed on your marriage license.
Just so, how long does it take to get married in DC?
You will get your DC marriage license the same day you apply. Allow yourself at least 2-3 hours to get your DC marriage license.
Where can I get married in DC for free?
- United States Botanic Garden. 1.9 mi. 472 reviews.
- National Arboretum. 3.3 mi. 276 reviews.
- Carnegie Institution For Science. 0.3 mi. 22 reviews.
- Art Club Of Washington. 1.1 mi. 7 reviews.
- The DC Marriage Knot. 1.2 mi. 11 reviews.
- Top of the Town. 2.7 mi. 37 reviews.
- Tie The Knot DC. 1.6 mi. 5 reviews.
- Studio 52. 2.6 mi. 16 reviews.