Asked by: Nahida Haalboomasked in category: General Last Updated: 13th January, 2020
Can you put essential oils on carpet?
Simply so, how do I deodorize my carpet with essential oils?
- Combine 4 TBSPs of baking soda in a container. Add about 10-15 drops of your essential oil and mix.
- Sprinkle all over the carpet, giving special attention to the areas that are most stinky. Don't grind it in, just let it sit, preferable overnight.
- Vacuum the entire mixture up thoroughly.
One may also ask, will essential oils ruin carpet? Carpet stains – Spilled essential oils on carpet can cause stains. And these stains hat can be a tricky thing to deal with when you're using essential oils. Some of the lighter colored oils may not leave a glaring stain, but even a small stain on your carpet is next to impossible to get out entirely.
Subsequently, one may also ask, what essential oils are good for carpet?
Essential oils. If you prefer to add some fragrance, mix in a few drops of your favorite essential oil into the baking soda before applying it to the carpet. Some good deodorizing choices are citrus oils, such as lemon, orange or lime, as well as lavender, peppermint, rosemary, cinnamon or eucalyptus.
How can I naturally freshen up my carpet?
Natural Homemade Carpet Freshener
- Ingredients: 1/2 cup baking soda. 20-40 drops essential oil of choice.
- To Make: Mix baking soda and essential oils together, and put in a shaker container with holes in the lid (such as a large, empty spice container).
- To Use: Sprinkle lightly over carpet.