Asked by: Irmgard Marquez De Pradoasked in category: General Last Updated: 9th May, 2020
Do cabinets or flooring go in first?
Subsequently, one may also ask, in what order do you remodel a kitchen?
Remodeling Your Kitchen—An Order of Steps
- "Undo" the Kitchen. Remove cabinet doors first.
- Who's in Charge?
- Replace Dated Kitchen Plumbing.
- Replace Wiring and Install Kitchen Lighting.
- Hang the Drywall.
- The Art of Mudding.
- Paint Kitchen Walls and Ceiling.
- Install Kitchen Flooring and Baseboards.
Similarly, do I need to remove cabinets to install flooring? Yes, you can replace your floor without taking out the cabinets. Remove the toe kick and put in your new floors. Don't remove the kitchen unless your really need a new kitchen.
Likewise, people ask, can you put kitchen cabinets on a floating floor?
Cabinets are not recommended to be installed over a floating floor, especially cabinets that have a heavy granite counter top. The proper installation would be to install the cabinets and then install the flooring around the cabinets.
How do you install hardwood floors on kitchen cabinets?
How to Install Hardwood Floors Around Kitchen Cabinets
- Prepare the subfloor or existing floor.
- Use a tape measure to measure around the cabinets to estimate the required materials for hardwood flooring and quarter-round molding.
- Examine appliances to anticipate the look and feel of the kitchen when appliances require replacement.