Asked by: Vaclav Endriesasked in category: General Last Updated: 4th May, 2020
How do you fit a junior hacksaw blade?
Regarding this, which way does a junior hacksaw blade go?
Install the hacksaw blade so the teeth face forward. The saws are designed so the blade will cut when it's pushed (the forward stroke) rather than when pulled (see photo). Some blades have an arrow that shows the correct installation (the arrow points toward the handle).
Beside above, how do you put a hacksaw blade in? How to Install a Hacksaw Blade
- Loosen the wing nut near the hacksaw's handle. Loosen the nut by turning it counter-clockwise.
- Remove the old blade from the frame.
- Install a new blade onto the blade retaining pins.
- Tighten the wing nut by rotating it clockwise until the blade is tight.
- Make a test cut on a piece of scrap metal held in a vise.
Also Know, how do you use a junior hacksaw?
Place the material in an engineers vice. The junior hacksaw is held in one hand and then pushed forward (the teeth of the blade face forward, away from the handle). The 'cut' only takes place on the forward stroke.
How do you remove a junior hacksaw blade?
To remove the blade, grip the hand in your dominant hand and place your other hand over the end of the saw, holding the blade loosely. Use both hands to push both sides of the frame inwards towards each other. This will cause the blade to slacken and come loose.