Asked by: Janat Capdevilaasked in category: General Last Updated: 25th May, 2020
How do you hang a bird feeder?
Similarly, you may ask, where do you hang a bird feeder?
Bird feeders are best hung in a place where your visiting birds feel safe from predators. Most important: Avoid open and noisy areas and hang your bird feeders at eye level or a little above. Do not hang feeders too close to any place where squirrels can jump on them, or too low they are within a cat's reach.
Also Know, how do you suspend a bird feeder? Suspend your feeders on a wire strung from one pole to another, at least 5 feet from the ground. To prevent squirrels from doing a tight-rope walking trick, string plastic liter-size soda bottles onto the wire on both sides of the feeders.
Similarly, how high should a bird feeder be hung?
about 5 feet
How do you hang a bird feeder from a high branch?
How To: Tree Pulley Bird Feeders
- Attach an eye hook to the top of the bird feeder.
- Place a ladder underneath the spot the bird feeder will hang.
- Hang an S-hook over the tree branch the bird feeder will hang from.
- Hang the pulley from the S-hook.
- Attach one end of the rope to the top of the bird feeder.