Asked by: Penny Tippachasked in category: General Last Updated: 17th April, 2020
How do you make a platter look good?
Accordingly, how do you make a perfect platter?
Start by spacing three cheeses across the board, then slowly build around them, filling in any gaps with crackers, lettuce cups and small snacky items such as nuts and fruit, and finishing with the brightest berries or flowers on top.
how do you make a good meat and cheese platter? Tips to arrange your tray:
- Place your crackers in the center.
- Spread out your meats and place at opposite ends of each other.
- Fill in next to your meats your cheeses and have a few slices already cut.
- Place bowls of nuts and olives opposite each other.
- Add groups of grapes where ever there are “holes” on your tray.
In this manner, what do you put on a platter?
- Charcuterie (e.g., prosciutto, salami, chorizo)
- Fruits (e.g., berries, oranges, grapes)
- Vegetables (e.g., carrots, celery, radishes, cherry tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, endive leaves)
- Olives (e.g., Kalamata, green, or marinated mixed olives)
- Marinated artichoke hearts.
How do you arrange a grazing platter?
Ali's top tips for arranging your grazing platter
- Different cheeses can be arranged in a wedge, or in a circular block.
- Cold cuts can be rolled, fruits cut into different shapes.
- Veggies angularly sliced to add visual appeal.
- Pile your ingredients up instead of spacing them out.
- Don't leave any gaps.