Asked by: Odair Pujazonasked in category: General Last Updated: 16th January, 2020
How do you zig zag string lights?
Subsequently, one may also ask, how do you hang string lights on a patio?
Hanging Patio String Lights Basic Steps
- Draw a rough sketch with measurements.
- Assemble your poles if applicable.
- If using guy wire, hang this first.
- Hang your first patio light string with the male plug closest to your outlet.
- Use zip ties or hooks between each bulb as needed on deck railings or other structures.
Likewise, how do you hang string lights without nails? Stick a small adhesive decorating clip to the walls in each place you want to attach a strand of lights. To secure a vertical stretch of lights going straight up or down the wall, face the clips in alternating directions to make the arrangement more secure.
Thereof, do you need a guide wire to hang string lights?
Materials needed to add string lights Wire Rope (1/16 inch) – The amount depends on how many lights you'll be hanging. The rope serves as support for using multiple strings of lights over a large area. You won't need wire rope if you're hanging just a few lights.
How do you hang outdoor string lights without nails?
Method 1 Hanging Lights with Hooks or Clips
- Choose gutter hooks to quickly hang lights along your gutters.
- Opt for shingle tabs to position the lights on top of your roof.
- Use adhesive clips or hooks if you have siding or other smooth surfaces.
- Leave 6–8 in (15–20 cm) of space between each hook or clip.