Asked by: Sarr Jenssasked in category: General Last Updated: 9th March, 2020
How does a motorcycle exhaust work?
Moreover, what does an exhaust do for a motorcycle?
Motorcycles are fitted with exhausts for a few reasons: They route combustion gases away from rider and passenger. You and your passenger don't want to suck down a carbon monoxide cocktail or burn your boots on a hot pipe, right? Exhaust pipes move exhaust to a more convenient place!
Also, how do you make a motorcycle exhaust? How To Build A Custom Motorcycle Exhaust
- Step 1: Prep your work area.
- Step 2: Make your rough drawing.
- Step 3: Create your basic shape with a piece of welding rod.
- Step 4:Install your header flange and start picking your bends.
- Step 5: Tack your little bends and straights into shape.
- Step 6: Assess your progress by installing and reinstalling your pipe as it grows.
Secondly, can you put any exhaust on a motorcycle?
If you come up with an adaptor and bracket to make it work, then yes. There is nothing about the design that makes them unique. Many aftermarket exhausts really are the same, and just have a different mid pipe to adapt it to whatever application.
Is it bad to run straight pipe on a motorcycle?
straight pipes arent that good for a bike, because when you let off the throttle, the sudden lack of hot gases being pushed out can cause cold air to be sucked in, which can damage your exhaust valves, and make for a VERY pricey repair.