Asked by: Myrta Desanguesasked in category: General Last Updated: 19th April, 2020
Is there a way to ping an email address?
Keeping this in view, how do you ping someone's email address?
How to ping an email address
- Enable Telnet. Open the Start menu on your PC or laptop, go to Control Panel. There go to Programs, and then Features.
- Find the mail server. In Search at the bottom of PC menu, search for “cmd” and click on a small black box – this opens the command prompt. Type nslookup –type=mx domain.com.
Also, can you ping a mail server? When in Command prompt, type ping mail.example.com where mail.example.com is the name or IP address of SMTP server you intend to use. Normally, if SMTP server is reachable, it should reply. If SMTP server is not reachable, the ping request will timeout.
Hereof, is there a way to check if an email address exists?
Email Checker. A simple tool to check whether an email address exists. Email Checker is a simple tool for verifying an email address. It extracts the MX records from the email address and connect to mail server (over SMTP and also simulates sending a message) to make sure the mailbox really exist for that user/address.
How do you Ping An email on a Mac?
- Click on Finder in the dock.
- Click on Macintosh HD.
- Click on Applications.
- Click on Utilities.
- Double-click on Network Utility.
- In the Network Utility window, click the Ping tab.
- Enter your domain in the field under "Please enter the network address to ping,"
- Click the Ping button.