Asked by: Youba Glasekerasked in category: General Last Updated: 9th March, 2020
What do women wear to a funeral in the summer?
- For women, choose a light and comfortable dress, or a knee-length skirt with light blouse.
- For men, do not wear shorts or denim.
- For children, they should generally follow the lead of their parents.
Correspondingly, what do you wear to a funeral in 2019?
Here are some quick tips for women on what to wear to a funeral or viewing:
- Skirt or pant suit.
- Skirt and blouse or sweater.
- Pants and blouse or sweater.
- Top with sleeves (long or short)
- Top with cardigan.
- Low-heeled shoes or flats (you may be walking in the cemetery)
- Close-toes shoes.
One may also ask, what should a woman wear to a funeral in 2019? What to Wear to a Funeral: Tips for Women
- A suit with a skirt or pants in a dark, solid color is a safe choice.
- A skirt of appropriate length and blouse or sweater is normally appropriate.
- Flat shoes or pumps are your best choice for shoes.
- Depending on the culture, a hat may be worn.
Subsequently, question is, what should a woman wear to a funeral?
Most common funeral etiquette practices for women to wear include a dark or black skirt suit or pantsuit; a skirt of appropriate length or pants and a top with sleeves, a blouse, or a sweater; flats or pumps. In some cultures, and religions women wear hats to funerals.
What color should you not wear to a funeral?
Avoid bright colors. Red, in some cultures, is seen as a sign of celebration. It's particularly important to avoid red. Bright colors should not be part of your outfit at all. A black dress with pink stripes near the bottom, or a black suit over a red button-down shirt, is not appropriate for a funeral.