Asked by: Friedhelm Zharmukhamedovasked in category: General Last Updated: 29th February, 2020
What does amenorrhea unspecified mean?
Click to see full answer.
Also know, is it bad to have amenorrhea?
Secondary amenorrhea usually isn't harmful to your health. It can be treated effectively in most cases. But to avoid complications you must address the underlying conditions that cause amenorrhea.
what do you do if you have amenorrhea? Medical Treatments for Secondary Amenorrhea
- Birth control pills or other types of hormonal medication. Certain oral contraceptives may help restart the menstrual cycle.
- Medications to help relieve the symptoms of PCOS.
- Estrogen replacement therapy (ERT).
Regarding this, what can cause amenorrhea?
Causes. Natural causes of amenorrhea include pregnancy, breastfeeding, and menopause. In these cases, there is no need to see a doctor. When a person has regular menstrual bleeding, this means that the ovaries, uterus, hypothalamus, and pituitary gland are working well.
How do you treat amenorrhea naturally?
Treatment for amenorrhea may include:
- Hormone treatment with progesterone.
- Hormone treatment with birth control pills (oral contraceptives)
- Medicine to treat thyroid disorder.
- Surgery for birth defects or other physical problems.
- Changes in diet or exercise.
- Treatment of an eating disorder.