Asked by: Soundous Goenagaasked in category: General Last Updated: 17th April, 2020
What is a Cisco VDC?
People also ask, how many VDC can be configured in Nexus?
Up to 16,384 VLANs, defined across multiple VDCs, are supported in a Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch. Each VDC supports a maximum of 4096 VLANs as per the IEEE 802.1q standard.
Beside above, how do you create a VDC? Creating and Initializing a VDC
- Log in to the default VDC with a username that has the network-admin role.
- Enter configuration mode and create the VDC using the default settings.
- (Optional) Allocate interfaces to the VDC.
- Verify the VDC configuration.
- Switch to the new VDC and enter the VDC admin user account password.
Besides, what is VDC and vPC?
VDC allows us to have multiple virtual switch inside one physical switch and those VDCs are isolated one another. vPC is a virtual port channel which allows us to share a port channel between two different NX-OS devices. It relies on these two configuration: This is used to exchange state information between vPC peers.
What is admin VDC?
Admin VDC is a feature that was created based on customer feedback, addressing the desire for additional virtualization control within the platform. First, let's review what VDCs on the Nexus 7000 are. VDCs are the ability to virtualize the control and data plane functions of the switch into multiple virtual devices.