Asked by: Rosmeri Caprioasked in category: General Last Updated: 8th May, 2020
What makes a plant a houseplant?
Hereof, how do you grow indoor plants?
Here are some tips that will help you care for indoor plants:
- Keep potting soil moist- It's important to make sure soil is not too wet nor too dry.
- Make sure the plant pot has drainage holes in the bottom of the pot.
- Place your plant near a light source, whether it's natural or artificial.
One may also ask, what are the different types of indoor plants? Most Popular Houseplants
- Croton. There's no doubt croton is one of the most popular houseplants because it's so colorful!
- Lemon Lime Dracaena. Lemon Lime dracaena lights any indoor space.
- Moth Orchid. This one might take you by surprise.
- Anthurium. Who wouldn't love gorgeous anthurium?
- Golden Pothos.
- Lucky Bamboo.
- Dracaena Marginata.
- Snake Plant.
Also to know, how can I water my house plants without making a mess?
You can use non-draining pots, drip trays or you can water your indoor plants in a sink to avoid any mess. You could also use a controlled watering method such as a self-watering pot, watering spike or watering with ice cubes.
Do plant pots need saucers?
Most planters don't come with saucers—and some don't even have holes. Learn how to use cachepots and saucers and when and how to water. Every ceramic pot and saucer has the potential to “sweat” if left with standing water in them (meaning: the water could damage the surface below)