Asked by: Merilyn Riobooasked in category: General Last Updated: 14th April, 2020
Who are the 12 Olympians and what are their powers?
- Hera was goddess of marriage and the queen of Olympus.
- Poseidon was god of the sea.
- Hades was king of the dead.
- Aphrodite was the goddess of love and beauty, and the protector of sailors.
- Apollo was the god of music and healing.
- Ares was the god of war.
Similarly one may ask, who are the 12 Olympians?
The standard 12 Olympian gods are:
Secondly, who are the 12 Olympians god and goddess? In ancient Greek religion and mythology, the twelve Olympians are the major deities of the Greek pantheon, commonly considered to be Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Hermes, and either Hestia or Dionysus.
Also Know, who are the 12 Olympian gods and goddesses and their symbols?
Terms in this set (12)
- Zeus (Jupiter) Symbol: Thunderbolt, Eagle, Oaktree.
- Hera (Juno) Symbols: Cow and Peacock.
- Apollo. Symbols: Silver bow, chariot, and sun.
- Poseidon (Neptune) Symbols: Trident, hors, and the bull.
- Hades (Pluto)
- Artemis (Cynthia)
- Aphrodite (Venus)
Who are the Greek gods and goddesses and what are their powers?
Meet the Greek Gods
- Zeus. God of the Sky (Zoos)
- Hera. Goddess of Marriage, Mothers and Families (Hair'-ah)
- Poseidon. God of the Sea (Po-sigh'-dun)
- Demeter. Goddess of Agriculture (Duh-mee'-ter)
- Ares. God of War (Air'-eez)
- Athena. Goddess of Wisdom, War, and Useful Arts (Ah-thee'-nah)