Asked by: Dakota Altenkirchasked in category: General Last Updated: 19th May, 2020
Why is an engineering notebook important?
Herein, what is the purpose of an engineering notebook?
An engineering notebook is intended to capture vital details of the engineering process, and is an ongoing record of a project. Experiments are recorded, including ideas, invention insights, observations and other details relating to the progression of information.
One may also ask, are there guidelines for an engineering notebook? Never let anyone other than yourself write in your Notebook (excluding witness signatures, discussed later). Never leave blank spaces, and never erase or remove material you have added. Simply draw lines through any blank spaces at the same time you are making your entries. Do not erase errors.
Hereof, what is an engineering notebook?
An engineering notebook is a book in which an engineer will formally document, in chronological order, all of his/her work that is associated with a specific design project.
What are the 4 best practices for an engineering notebook?
Tools – 10 Engineering Notebook Best Practices
- Tip #1 – Keep a notebook.
- Tip #2 – Create a table of contents.
- Tip #3 – Embed external documents.
- Tip #4 – Create notebook templates.
- Tip #5 – Insert Video, Images, Equations and other content.
- Tip #6 – Keep a daily log.
- Tip #7 – Never erase or remove anything.
- Tip #8 – Take advantage of OCR search.