Asked by: Gennadiy Ufhoffasked in category: General Last Updated: 10th April, 2020
Why is my Samsung not making ice?
Furthermore, how do you reset a Samsung Ice Maker?
Reset the Ice Maker
- Press the button at the top of the ice bucket. While pressing the button pull out the bucket.
- Press and hold the ice maker reset button for about 2 seconds until you hear a chime (ding-dong) sound. Release the button once you hear the chime sound.
- Put the ice bucket back and wait for 3~4 hours.
- 5 (Very Satisfied)
why isn't my icemaker working? If your ice maker isn't producing ice at all or is producing crescents or cubes that are smaller than usual, it's typically indicative of a clog somewhere along the supply line. Cause: A common cause for a clog is frozen water in the line. Fix: To repair a frozen line, slide the refrigerator and unplug it.
Also to know, how do I fix my Samsung refrigerator ice dispenser?
Troubleshoot a Samsung Ice Maker:
- 1 Check the Child Lock is Off. With Child Lock active, none of the buttons on the control panel will work; and the water/ice dispenser won't function.
- 2 Inspect the Ice Bucket.
- 3 Measure the water pressure.
- 4 Test the Ice Maker.
- 5 Check the Ice Dispenser opening.
Has Samsung fix their ice maker issues?
Unfortunately, Samsung allegedly did not offer to repair and replace the ice makers or fridges and instead left it up to consumers to remedy any problems they experienced.